On June 9, 2011 Holden has issued an alert to owners of Jackaroos of a potential condition to those vehicles fitted with 3.0L diesel engines.
According to the notice, Holden has identified a potential condition which may cause an unintended increase in engine speed whilst the engine is idling.
The following engines are those identified as being affected:
- 1998 JACUBS73GW7100010 – JACUBS73GW7103492
- 1999 JACUBS73GX7100566 – JACUBS73GX7104876
- 2000 JACUBS73GY7100012 – JACUBS73GY7107235
- 2001 JACUBS73G17101509 – JACUBS73G17102996
- 2002 JACUBS73G27100274 – JACUBS73G27107074
“Owners of the affected vehicles will be contacted by letter outlining the process for arranging a free of charge inspection and rework of the wiring harness.
If you require any further information please contact your nearest Holden Dealer or call the Holden recall and rework assistance line on 1800 632 826. This service operates 8am to 7pm EST Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm EST Saturdays except National Public Holidays.”
see http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/1003878 for details.