Four Wheel Driver’s Code of Ethics
- Obey the laws and regulations for Recreational Vehicles that apply to
- Respect the cultural, heritage and environmental values of public/private
land, by obeying restrictions that may apply.
- Respect our flora and fauna. Stop and look, but never disturb.
- Keep to formed vehicle tracks.
- Keep the environment clean. Carry your own, and any other, rubbish out.
- Keep your vehicle mechanically sound and clean to reduce the environmental
- Adopt minimal impact camping and driving practices.
- Seek permission before driving on private land. Do not disturb livestock
or watering points, leave gates as found.
- Take adequate water, food, fuel, basic spares and a first aid kit on trips.
In remote areas travel with another vehicle and have Royal Flying Doctor
Service, or equivalent, radio contact.
- Enjoy your recreation and respect the rights of others.
- Plan ahead and lodge trip details with a responsible person.
- Support four-wheel drive touring as a responsible and legitimate family
recreational activity. Consider joining an affiliated four-wheel drive club.